Are you planning to take the Civil Service Exam this year 2013? Or did you not passed the CS exams last year? Don’t worry, you still got a chance this 2013. The Civil Service Commission has released the schedules for the Philippine Civil Service Examination Paper and Pencil Test for the year 2013. Below are the details of CSC’s announcement, which is also posted on CSC’s official web site.
The Civil Service Commission announces the conduct of the 2013 Career Service Professional Examination and Career Service SubProfessional Examination Paper-and-Pencil Test (PPT) to establish a register of eligibles from which certification and appointment to the second and first level positions in the civil service shall be made, provided said eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.
|DATE OF EXAMINATION||DATE OF FILING OF APPLICATION|
|April 14, 2013||November 19, 2012 to February 28, 2013|
|October 13, 2013||April 15, 2013 to August 30, 2013|
Acceptance of applications shall be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis. Applications may no longer be accepted before the deadline if the target number of applicants has already been reached by the CSC Regional/Field Offices.
SCOPE OF THE EXAMINATIONS
1. For Career Service Professional Level – In English and Filipino; vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning
2. For Career Service SubProfessional Level – In English and Filipino; vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, spelling, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning
Both Professional and SubProfessional levels of the examination shall have items on General Information, which shall include the following areas: Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713), Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, and Environment Management and Protection.
Civil Service Exam Passing Grade
To pass the test, the examinees should get a general rating of at least 80.00.
Civil Service Exam Admission Requirements
Applicants are advised to check carefully whether they meet the admission requirements stated below. Only those who meet the admission requirements should apply for the examination. Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification. Accordingly, the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
1. Must be Filipino citizen;
2. Must be at least 18 years of age on the date of filing of application;
- for April 14, 2013 CSE-PPT, applicants must be born on or before February 28, 1995
- for October 13, 2013 CSE-PPT, applicants must be born on or before August 30, 1995
3. Must be of good moral character;
4. Must have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs;
5. Must not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government; and
6. Must have not taken the same level of CS Examination in less than three (3) months.
a) Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty of grave offenses, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and pursuant to Section 52 (a) of the Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
b) Those who have already passed the same level of examination or a comparable level of examination given by the Professional Regulation Commission, as well as passers of Board/Bar examinations, and those who graduated with honors in their bachelor’s degree need not apply.
Civil Service Exam Application Requirements
1. Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised November 2012). The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
a. Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
b. Colored, with white background
c. Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application
d. Printed on good quality photo paper
e. In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
f. In bare face (with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features)
g. Showing left and right ears
h. Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
i. With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
j. With full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name (if any), and signature over printed name
3. Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicant’s clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall NOT be accepted)
IDs with lacking information, particularly the applicant’s date of birth, SHOULD be supported by Birth Certificate issued/authenticated by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
4. Examination fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00).
Where to Get and File CS Exam Application Forms
Application forms are available at any CSC Regional/Field Offices. The same may be downloaded from the CSC website: www.csc.gov.ph.
Application forms may be reproduced in legal size bond paper provided the same format is followed. Applicants may file their applications in any of the CSC Regional/Field Offices.
Civil Service Examination Permits
Qualified applicants shall be notified of their places of examination (school assignment) through an Application Receipt or a Notice of Assignment. They can also use the Online Notice of School Assignment (ONSA), two (2) weeks before examination day, to get a print-out of their Notice of Assignment. To use this system, examinees should log on to the CSC website and go to the Examination Announcement webpage, or type the following path: http://webapp.csc.gov.ph/ExamAssign/ExamAssign.htm in the address bar of their browser.
If applicants still do not know their school assignment or cannot access the Online Notice of School Assignment one (1) week before the examination day, they should inquire their school assignment from the CSC Regional/Field Office where they filed their application.
Thing to Bring on CS Examination Day
Applicants should bring the following on examination day:
1. Application Receipt or Notice of School Assignment
2. Lead Pencil/s (No. 1 or 2) and eraser/s
3. Ball Pen (Black or Blue)
4. The same valid ID card/s presented during the application stage (i.e. Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance)
CS Exams are Strictly No ID No Exam
Failure to take the examination on your scheduled date shall mean forfeiture of your examination fee and slot.No request for re-scheduling is allowed.
All personal belongings including cellular phones, calculators, other electronic gadgets, books, and printed materials must be surrendered to the Room Examiners. Firearms, if any, must also be surrendered to the security guard/designated firearm custodian at the entrance gate of the testing center.
Proper attire should be worn during filing of application form, and on examination day. APPLICANTS/EXAMINEES SHOULD NOT BE IN SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, OR IN SHORT PANTS, OR IN SLIPPERS.
Do You Have Questions?
If you have any questions please do contact the respective Civil Service Commission Regional Office in your area. This is not an official website of the CSC nor connection with them. I’m just helping the public be informed. Click here for contact details of the CSC Regional Offices.
- Arnold Clavio’s Unprofessional Interview to Atty Alfredo Villamor
- How to Pass the October 13, 2013 Philippine Civil Service Examinations
- Vin Diesel Spotted in Manila, What’s he doing here?
- Is Nancy Binay Ready to Debate with Senator Miriam Santiago?
- Philippine Elections 2013 Results – Check Out Who’s Winning
- Philippines FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2013 (Unofficial Top 10)
- Solar Eclipse with Ring of Fire Effect to Happen This May 9 and 10
- Heart Evangelista Unedited Pictures Revealed!
- The Wolverine 2013 International Trailer Released
- Sunshine Cruz is FHM’s April 2013 Cover Girl
- rene millares on How to Pass the October 13, 2013 Philippine Civil Service Examinations
- riza loveriza on Philippine Civil Service Examination Schedule 2012
- Grace on Philippine Civil Service Examination Schedule 2013
- chadene rey landisa on Philippine Civil Service Examination Schedule 2013
- maria eleanor a. malit on Philippine Civil Service Examination Schedule 2013